Wednesday, January 19, 2011

*~*My Crafty Space*~* Part 1

New house = New crafty space!!!!

And this space needs a name..... Jen's Studio?  Jen's Crafty Place?  Jen's Creative Space?  Jen's Getaway?  HELP!
(leave me a comment/suggestion!  If I end up using your suggestion I'll send ya a little somethin'!)

Anyways.... This room is about 10.5 x 14 with a nice large walk-in closet.  It's located at the end of our bedroom hall, facing the front of the house/street.  I can just see myself crafting away while the kids play outside (someday....).

Before moving in, the walls were blue with a sports border---- had to go!  My painters painted them white and I came in and painted the bottom half Hollyhock Pink (yes, I took Hollyhock cardstock to Home Depot and matched it).  Then I found these AWESOME black damask wall stickers on CLEARANCE at Kohl's a couple weeks ago and put them up as a border.

My first "arrangement" of my computer desk/ cubes / scrap table was not working for me at all, so I rearranged a couple weeks ago and its fabulous!

When I walk in the room and turn right, this is my wall of stuff!  My table sits in front of it, so I turn around to get my supplies :)  My computer desk is on the left, right in front of the window. 

Left side:  I found those magnetic boards at Home Goods, they hold ideas I've printed out, a sketch/photo that I will work on next.  See my cool border?
On the far left are my "least used supplies", then my cricut stuff, then some flowers and other things. 

Starting with the 1st stack of 3 cubes is my stickles, bling, finished layouts (in a drawer), adhesives, punches and paper packs I'm working with.  Then next stack is all CTMH stuff.  The next stack is all paper:  misc. companies then cardstocks, then stacks from other co.  Next to that is some plastic drawer things- those have my scraps, embossing stuff and some other random things that I have yet to organize.






I just love that little display thing that I found at Hobby Lobby.  I have some of my more recent *loved* projects on it!  My ink tower sits next to it!

The wall to the right, which sits right next to my chair has 2 tall plastic storage things.  One holds all my alpha stickers/ Thickers and some misc stuff.  The other is FULLLLLLLLLL of CTMH stamps!  5 drawers with up to 35 stamp sets in each, plus a full box on top!  YIKES!





Right now I'm using a 4' table from costco to scrap on, BUUUUTTTTT, this baby from IKEA is on its way!  My mom picked it up for me and is bringing it up to me this weekend :)




Oh, and here's a glimpse of the amazing walk-in closet that I was blessed with!  It is in no-way-shape-or-form organized, but it sure does hold a TON of crap!!!!

When we were deciding who got which bedroom, my husband said "this room already has a sports border, so this will be Tyler's room right?"  Hahahahaha, silly man!  I said "no!  It will be my office.... There's no way I'm giving up this closet to a BOY!"  Plus, I didn't want my kids to have rooms facing the front of the house.  Poor child has the smallest room.... but mama's happy ;)


Stay tuned for more (as it gets organized!)

Heart2Heart

Visit thecsiproject.com

11 comments:

~Erica~ said...

Love, love, love it. That closet is to die for thats for sure! We're on a house hunt right now too and my office is pretty much number 1 on my list when I look..lol. Congrats on the new space/house!

Lorrinda said...

Love your new space! That closet sure is awesome, I wouldn't have given this room to my kids either!
Thank you for sharing your space with us at H2H!

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Wow what a great space. Now all that creativness can be unleashed. Love it.

Jayma Malme said...

Looks so awesome! I LOVE that border and your new arrangement!

Melanie said...

Oooohhhh... i have that table and like shelf, you will love it!!!!

Karen Day said...

I think you should call your craft room: "Studio J" - oh wait, I think that's taken :o) Great looking space, love your colour choice & all your wonderful shelving. Thanks for joining us this week at H2H!

Corina said...

Hi Roxy!
Your room is sure cute! Love Ikea!
You have so much product, I'm drooling. Enjoy your new Ikea unit and thanks so much for sharing with us at H2H!!

Jenifer said...

LOVE LOVE the room!! Thank you for letting us peek in your craft room! :)

Lisa Stenz said...

Your space is amazing Jen! I love those magnetic boards! I think I need to pick up a couple of them for my space. *Ü* Thanks so much for sharing your great room with us! I am looking forward to seeing some photos of that awesome table when it comes in. (hint, hint.)

Melinda Everitt said...

How about Jen's Den? Or Jen's Artistic Escape? I want a closet for my room! Love the colors. Great room.

Lisa said...

Wow, what a gorgeous space!! I love all of your storage!! It's so organized and beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Related Posts with Thumbnails