Friday, June 28, 2013

Starburst card & Tutorial

The 2013 Close To My Heart Convention is well underway!
 

If you want LIVE UPDATES on Convention happenings, NEW product announcements and PICTURES---
*Follow me on Facebook:  http://facebook.com/roxybondsctmh
*Follow me on Twitter:  http://twitter.com/roxybonds


This Spring, STARBURST cards have popped up ALL OVER!!!!  I finally sat down to make one (or a whole bunch) and they're oddly addicting!  

Here's the first one I ever did:  

I used the Clementine paper pack and Clementine Canvas Compliments for this card.  I made it on a Die Cut card. 


First, here are the steps to take....
*Cut 1.5" x 5.5" strips of patterned paper (double sided is best).
*Take strip and turn it in your cutter so that it's diagonal.  Line up opposite corners along your cut line and CUT.  Now you have 2 diagonal strips



*Mark the center of your card base.

 

*Mark where your bottom piece of paper will lay (it will cover the bottoms of your strips).
 

*Take 2 of your diagonal strips, and lay them STRAIGHT sides next to one another, adhere.  

 
 

*Now, fill in the rest of your diagonal strips.  It doesn't matter whether you line them up straight sides to the left or right. 
 


*Adhere your bottom cardstock/paper over the points of your strips.  
 

*Cut off the excess at the top of your card.  

 
*Stamp, embellish and VOILA!  

 
**This card uses the embossed cardstock from Dream pop, Cricut Artiste shape, A True Thank You stamp set- colored in Cotton Candy, Lagoon & Creme Brule markers, black shimmer trim and bling buttons. 


And here's the one that I made for my daughter's 5th Birthday:
Here I found as many PINK papers as I could:  Chantilly, Dream Pop, Lucy & Stylin.  I added the Colonial White ribbon at the bottom, and stamped Happy Birthday with Say it in Style.  I used Opaque Pearls to make the "5".  

Tomorrow I will show you ANOTHER way of doing a Starburst Card :)

1 comments:

Terri-Lea said...

What an awesome way to use up scrap paper! Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails