Thursday, September 30, 2010

CTMH--- October SOTM Blog Hop- Share the Magic

Welcome to the Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month Blog Hop for October 2010!


All artwork on the hop will feature October's Share the Magic, a set of 12 stamps! If you have come here from Katy's Blog, you are on the right path.


This month we have  about 70 CTMH Consultants sharing their SOTM creations, and other great CTMH artwork. Hopping along is fun and simple to do - just click the link at the end of each blogger's post to move to the next one! 

This month's Stamp of the Month kicks off the Holiday season!  I love this fun, whimiscal set!!  It is perfect for coloring or watercoloring :)  Did you know there's only 85 days until Christmas???  (And now that I've looked that up, I'm feeling a tad behind!)

This month, I used this set as a part of my "Joyful" Home decor workshop.  I stamped the Tree in New England Ivy and then watercolored it in using the same color (O).  I stamped the reindeer in Cocoa and used chocolate, desert sand and cranberry to color him in (Y).  I also stamped the presents in New England Ivy and colored them in with the New England Ivy and Cranberry (L).  All stamped images are colored with the waterbrush, by dipping it in the ink and coloring the image. 
BIG THANKS to Annette Green!  I had already created half of my workshop and could not think of anything "Christmas-y" with 6 letters to go on the back.  She posted her version of "Joyful" and I struck gold!  




 Supplies:
October SOTM- Share the Magic
Cranberry, Garden Green Cardstock
Creative Basics Mistletoe
Dimensional Elements Uppercase
Pearl Opaques
Hemp
Cranberry ribbon
Holiday Trinkets Stamps
Cranberry, New England Ivy, Chocolate, Cocoa, Desert Sand inks

Check out the other side of the "Joyful" sign:


 This one was copied almost exactly from page 38 of the Autumn Winter Idea Book.  

Stay tuned for workshop details on how YOU can create this fabulous Home Decor Display sign!!!

Remember, the October SOTM is only available until 10/31! Click here to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!

Now hop on over to Angela Tutton's site to see what she has created for you!

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful Projects, Jen!

Cindy Appleman said...

I love this!

Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh Roxy this is an absolutely awesome banner (on both sides)! BEAUTIFUL!!

Doreen said...

Beautiful! I want to make one for my house, too! :)

Tammy Lea Pinchard said...

Love it!!! Way to create a project that can be used longer than just the Christmas season!

Jayma Malme said...

Jen, this turned out SO adorable! I may need to create one now :)

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Love the banners - great work.

Haley D. said...

Your banner is beautiful! I love the Thanks side (and have wanted to make my own since I saw it in the catalog), and your Joyful addition is just beautiful!

Melissa said...

Very pretty and festive!

Wendy Coffman said...

I've been working on one of these for fall, with a Christmas one to come - but it never occured to me to use the back side. What a clever idea!

Debra said...

Beautiful! Love the dual purpose!

Krista Ritskes said...

Lovely.

retiree3 said...

Love your work!

retiree3 said...

Love your work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails